The perks of owning a 3D printer are that it is well suited for making any product and unique objects. You can make anything with it, from poke man keychains to interesting gaming consoles, which makes it more useful during the holiday season for making personalized 3D-printed Christmas gifts for your family and friends. Therefore, when your colleagues are scrambling to buy gifts, all you do is spend some time in your workshop and come up with thoughtful and personalized gifts for each friend according to their personality and what they like.
Therefore, you might try hard to find what to make for them. Don’t worry; this article will list several gift categories and models to print and identify several cool examples and ideas for projects you can work on to spread some holiday cheer with 3D-printed Christmas village gifts. Here are the opinions;
- Does your friend like Star Wars? You can make Star Wars kit cards, from classic ones to more modern ones. the kit cards are toys or models that are possibly assembled using parts from a plastic card. The receiver knows or has been a member of a model-building community. The fun in the kits card is figuring out how to assemble the models and marvel at the finished product. Apart from a Star War kit card, you can build a dinosaur kit card for kids.
- Does your friend like tabletop games? It is widely known that tabletop games have a vast fan base. Therefore, dedicating someone to such an accessory of their favorite game will likely send a positive, impactful message. Additionally, various games can be a printer with 3D printers for gifting; all you need to know is the specific favorite game of the receiver. Some might include the dice tower, chess sets, boards, or settlers of Catan’s; the list is long.
- Do you want to gift a more sentimental gift this season? A good idea might be building something unique, like a lithophane. This is an embossed representation of a photo on a hard, translucent material like the plastics used in 3D printing, it does not look like much when viewed normally, but when the bright lights hit the lithophane, it shines through it. You can also use the receiver’s photo with heavy contrast but not with too small details.
- Do you want to gift yourself or a friend a home décor? Home decors are the simplest to build with 3D printers. For instance, a vase for planters can add creative color to your home or friend’s place, or someone who is into growing and collecting plants can appreciate it. You might play around with different shapes and designs since they are lighter on details but have challenging features. Choose the design according to one’s personality. Do they like unconventional or traditional things?
- Another standard gift for any occasion is jewelry. But you can customize it to fit the fashion sense and personality of the one receiving it. You can go for a classic, elegant, classy look for the jewelry gift. There are thousands of designs to choose from out there for rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.
All you need to come up with these great and interesting ideas is just a few filaments, time, and patience. The result will be a surprising and magical gift with your 3D printer for a holiday season gift for your friends and family.